Monday, May 9, 2011

Healthy Tips for Lunch and mid Snacks

So I've been getting tired of my typical tuna and mustard out of a can lunch with cottage cheese so I was thinking of some new healthy protein full lunch meals.  My favorite so far as been a lettuce wrap, its fast, easy, and cheap.  Basically what I do is purchase a head of romaine or ice burg lettuce and purchase some fresh sliced deli turkey or chicken.  I always have a refregirator stocked with great veggies such as tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados etc so try this.  Take 2 leaves of lettuce and fill it with the turkey and some mustard, also i had cucumbers, guacamole, and tomatoes but other veggies and favorite toppings of your will work just as well, as long as they are low on carbs and fat of course.

As for the mid day snacks if you find your self starving or into a craving I do a lot of cottage cheese and pineapples, a banana with some peanut butter but you can use apple slices as well, and also trail mix.  Try some of these snacks out but remember to eat them in moderation and do not think just because they are healthy you should binge on these as well.  Your goal is to still keep the calories low but make sure you are eating every 3-4 hours to keep that metabolism running at full force.  Thanks for reading guys and if you want to see some more information on motivation and healthy habbits check me out at www.themotivationalsite.com

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I've been doing low carb for about a month now and am feeling so much better. At first it was not so good because I was mainly eating protein. When I introduced more veggies into my diet it really started to get my digestive system moving and felt very cleansing.

    I mostly snack on what would be the filling of a sandwich. Wrapping this inside lettuce leaves is such a great idea! I can't wait to try it.

    I've also been doing a teaspoon of pure raw honey when I start to get any sort of sugar or carb cravings (usually once a day I do this). I just started reading about the benefits of cinnamon and honey together so today when I'm going to try that combo.

    ReplyDelete